Sunday, April 27, 2008

When Evan has spare time. . . .



I thought I'd put up some pictures of the figures Evan paints. One of Evan's favorite strategy games is Warhammer. Warhammer is played with armies made up of miniature figures that (most) players paint themselves. Evan loves playing Warhammer, but I think he loves painting the figures even more. It is very relaxing for him. He often listens to books on CD while he is painting. I tend to poke fun at him for his "nerdy" hobby, but I'm actually very jealous of his artistic talent. Evan is the perfect balance of an intellectual with an artsy side. I'm glad that he enjoys spending his spare time at home.

This is what the pieces look like before Evan turns them into masterpieces:

They are approximately 1 inch tall. Keep that in mind when you look at the detailed job he does. I think it is amazing. I wish I had the skill and patience to paint anything half as well.

Here are a few of the pieces he won 1st place for in a Best Painted Character Contest at a local store. He converted them from regular dwarves into Scottish dwarves. He used modeling putty to create the kilts and bagpipes. He painted the kilts with his family's Frazier plaid pattern.




Here's a picture of how Evan's adjusts what a model looks like before he paints it. The green stuff is the modeling putty he uses to change their appearance.


And don't forget, even if he likes to paint scary looking warriors, he's really just a big sweetheart underneath!

2 comments:

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Evan...if you sold your figurines you could be a millionaire! Forget podiatry...you are an amazing artist! Seriously though, I'm am super impressed by your talent.

Bowles said...

Eric is jealous!! Evan get to actually spend time on a hobby. Great job by the way!! Those figures look amazing!