Friday, April 4, 2008

Jenny's Job


I have been teaching elementary school for 6 years now. I'm currently teaching 2nd grade for the second time. I've spent the majority of my teaching career in 4th grade. I graduated from the University of Arkansas at Monticello in 2000. This year I am job-sharing a class with another teacher. (That means I am working part-time and our class actually has two teachers.) I work on Thursdays, Fridays, and alternate Wednesdays. This has allowed me to have more time to attend the temple, work on my domestic skills, and fill out lots of paperwork for the adoption. I also tutor on the side. My favorite part of teaching is getting to know my students' personalities one-on-one. Kids say the funniest things and teaching has given me so many hilarious experiences that I'll never forget. I also love reading books to children. I already have quite the library created for our future kids! Of course, I can't wait for the day when I can quit my job teaching school to be stay-at-home mom instead.

2 comments:

Bowles said...

Welcome to the wide world of blogging. Its about time you stopped just looking and started posting. I know I need to update my blog. I am a slacker what can I say.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Your such a cute teacher! I bet the kids love your class. Cute blog, i'm going to add you to my friends!